Offers of Help
2021 Carnival InformationAs long as the government roadmap out of lockdown continues as planned, the carnival is on. Hopefully we will be able to have all your favourites join us this year as we celebrate our heroes.
Each year we are always surprised and grateful for the help provided around the day by many people in the community.
The Committee is small, and the event, as you know, large! If you would like to help in any way, or have any suggestions for how to make Carnival 2021 even better, please contact the Carnival Committee.
Please offer your help for this year's Carnival. A village event like ours requires a lot of people power.
How you can help before the event:
- Provide a vehicle. We need
- Vehicle (car or lorry) to be used in the Carnival Procession to carry e.g. Carnival Royalty or a float
- Van / lorry for transporting equipment for about two hours on each of the evening of Friday 27th August 2021 and the morning of Saturday 28th August 2021
- Van / lorry for transporting equipment on the evening of Saturday 28th August 2021
- Donate a prize for the Grand Draw
- Donate an item for the Silent Auction
- Make a financial donation
- Make a donation of goods for Church stalls;
- Cakes and pastries for the Cake Stall
- Cakes and pastries for the Tea Tent
- Plants and produce for the produce stall
- Sweets / chocolate for the sweet tombola
- Wine for the Water into Wine stall
- Unwanted gifts for the Tombola (adult and children)
- Unwanted books for the Book Stall
- Unwanted Bric-a-brac for the White Elephant Stall
- Unwanted toys for the Toy Stall
How you can help on Carnival weekend:
- On Friday evening, 27th August 2021, 6.30 - 8pm, helping to transport equipment;
- On Saturday morning, 28th August 2021, 7.30 - 11am, helping to erect stalls, tents etc;
- On Saturday 28th August 2021, from 5 - 8pm, helping to clear the Green.
- On Saturday 28th August 2021 from 5 to 6pm, to take down tents / marquees;
- On Saturday 28th August 2021 from 4.30 to 5.30 to collect litter.
- Drive one of the vehicles used to collect equipment
- On Saturday 28th August 2021, from 11.30 to 3 as Car Park Attendant;
- On Saturday 28th August 2021 from 11.30 to 1.30 to act as a traffic marshal;
- On Saturday 28th August 2021 from 12 to 4.30pm to assist in the arena;
- On Saturday 28th August 2021, for up to 2 hours helping in the Tea Tent;
- On Saturday 28th August 2021 between 12 and 5pm, for an hour or more, helping on a stall. We have many opportunities both on "selling stalls" like the tombola or white elephant or on "service stalls" like the Tea Tent. Just contact the Carnival Committee;
We will collect items if it helps you; it is never too early to contact us. Cakes freeze beautifully!
Every body will be most welcome, even if you can only spare an hour.
Please contact the Carnival Committee.